Friday, October 9, 2009

HUGE NEWS!

I had two interviews yesterday with two great companies that I would be lucky to work for... Yelp and The North Face. Both positions I interviewed for were for sales positions. It was a long day of commuting into the city for my first interview, but it was neat seeing the offices of Yelp. It reminded me of what I've seen of Google - very laid back, lively, fun, and lots of people sitting on those yoga balls. I loved everyone I spoke with and left feeling nervous ... meaning, I knew if I didn't get it I'd be super upset. I then had an interview with The North Face. It would be a good job, too, a mgmt position, (even 50% off all merch and travelling opportunities to do hiking/backpacking/camping trips).

So, as for the "HUGE NEWS" ... I just got a phone call offering me the job at YELP! I can't wait. I start Nov 16. This means I will have to find a place to live in the city or near it soon! San Fran is a neat city and I can't wait to be living in it.

So, wow, what a journey, from leaving AL in August and finding a FT job after searching (all together) for 3-4 weeks and landing a job! I feel so lucky and blessed especially in these hard times. All those hours on Craigslist paid off :) I probably applied to over 20 companies in the past two weeks.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes :) I can't wait... I'm excited about what my future holds.

3 comments:

  1. im so jealous that you are going to be living in san fran... it is my favorite city! im definitely coming to visit soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome! congrats Cat!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Catherine! I am very happy for you! What a great fun city to live in! I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete