Sunday, October 18, 2009

Alcatraz

My good friend, Tonya & her husband, Chad, were in San Fran for their first anniversary trip. They had already been to Lake Tahoe, Yosemite and were in San Fran a few days before going to Napa. I had a great time visiting with them. We had lunch on Jefferson (near Firsherman's Wharf) and then we treked to Pier 33 to board the ferry to Alcatraz.

My friend, Taylor, who was my rooommate during training for Readak just moved to San Fran the day before! She moved out a little like I did, no job and just randomly decided to sub-let a place in Lower Haight area for a few weeks. So, she came along with us.

It was a great tour and very interesting. I learned so many things! Al Capone was a prisoner there. There was even an old prisoner in the museum autographing his book. He was transported out of Alcatraz before it closed and severed the rest of his time elsewhere. He went to Alcatraz for bank robbery.



What's a visit to Alcatraz w/o a jumping picture?


Help!!

Tonya & I inside Alcatraz.


Taylor & I with San Fran behind.


Former Alcatraz prisoner. Read his little bio if you can....


The Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment