Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Biking the GGB

Ali & I decided to go to San Fran on Monday to bike the beautiful, and not so gold, Golden Gate Bridge. (QUESTION: You may wonder why it's called the Golden Gate Bridge, but yet it's red? ANSWER: The "Golden Gate" is the area where the Bay dumps into the Pacific, right there in San Fran. The reason it's red? So when it gets ultra foggy, which it usually is always foggy in San Fran, you can still see the bridge.)

We had a beautiful, non-foggy day in San Fran on Monday. Temperature was a cool high 60s. We rented bikes then took our journey to the bridge then over into Sausalito, CA. It may have been my favorite day yet in San Fran. It's something everyone should do, if not ride over the bridge, walk it. There were a lot of walkers, too.

Interesting fact about the GGB: The GGB is the most popular site to commit suicide in the US. There were phones with signs (I should have taken a picture, I know) that said "Emergency phones and crisis counseling."

Ok, not to end on a depressing note, so here are some of my fav pictures from the day.

Bay Bridge from Ferry Building.

As we start...

Just a beautiful sight.

"Hey, y'all!"

What's San Fran w/o a jumping picture?

I never get tired of looking at this beautiful thing. Unbelievably gorgeous.

Puffer & myself.

One of my favorites...

Yours truly.

Making our way.

Ali in front - crossing bridge.

In Sausalito with San Fran to my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment