Sunday, September 6, 2009

San Diego and Back to Morgan Hill

On Thursday I took a later ferry from Catalina to Long Beach. From LB I drove 3 hours to San Diego. I love San Diego! It is honestly one of my favorite cities in the US. I met up with my pal, Jack. I met him when I was living in DC last fall. He lives in Little Italy. It is a great part of town! When I arrived we walked down by the water for a while, caught up, chatted, then went to dinner at a nice Italian place. We then walked over to Extraordinary Desserts. It was exactly that! I was in shock when I walked up to it. Desserts were huge and ornate and beautiful. We split a Four Berry Cobbler. The next day we went to Balboa Park and walked around. We then sat up on his rooftop pool, which was super nice. Then, we went to Coronado Beach and hung out with some of his friends. It was a great day. We then went to eat dinner at a brewery near by. I left out early Saturday to make it all the way back up the coast. I had a ticket reserved for me at the Hearst Castle. Speaking of ... WOW. If you're ever near San Simeon (where it's located), tour it. If you're a history nerd like myelf, you'd enjoy it. So, I left in time to hit HWY 1 at sunset, which was amazing. I made it back to Coyote Valley around 10PM.

Overall, it was a fantastic trip! I'd do it again! I now want to go from San Fran up to Portland. I hear that's even a better trip.

San Diego!


Heaven in the form of a Four Berry Cobbler from Extraordinary Desserts. :)


Day at Coronado with Jack and friends.


Coming into Morro Bay, CA.


I saw this beach on my way down the coast and stopped on my way back up. Morro Bay. It was unbelievably beautiful.


Porch overlooking Pacific from Hearst Castle.


Neptune Pool at Hearst's Castle.


Hearst Castle. San Simeon, CA.


Tired. No make up. Burnt (wore 70 SPF the whole time even). End of trip - what a great one!


Beautiful sunset in Big Sur on way home.

1 comment:

  1. Cat! I love the pics from your drive down the coast! Looks like you had a blast! Extraordinary Desserts was my FAV place to go when I used to go to SD! Absolutely Delish!!! Happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete