Friday, November 13, 2009

A Change of Pace

To sum things up that have happened in the last few weeks.... I celebrated my 29th birthday! It was lovely. I went to see David Gray in Nob Hill (SF) with a friend. I loved every minute of it! It was the second year in a row to be away from friends/family... so it was odd, but I'm getting used to it.

And some other great news: I start my job at Yelp (finally) on Monday! AND I found a place in San Fran to live! I am going to be moving in with a great girl, Molly, from TN. The area is wonderful and the apt is great - it reminds me of my old apt in Bham. I am moving in Thanksgiving weekend and I can't wait! Finally - my own space again!

I will post pictures of my new place as I get them. Since I came out with just my clothes, I hope it's an easy move. The place is already furnished and all I need is a bed ... Craigslist can help me with that. Craigslist has been my best friend while out here!

I will probably pick up a waitressing job on the weekends to make a little more money until I start making commission. So, I am excited to do that, as well. I will look more seriously for a weekend job in SF once I get there.

Also, more interesting news... Johnny has decided to move to San Fran. He has already turned in his notice at work and rented out his loft. He will arrive Dec 11th. It'll be great to have a friend from home here.

That's all I got for now! My life is about to go from zero to 10 in the matter of a few days. I will one day look back and think "Wow, I was not doing much for 3 months, I can't remember what that was like!" Although I have been borderline poor, I have enjoyed this experience. I have seen so many places and enjoyed it the best I probably could have. I have learned so much, too, especially how to live on MUCH less. I am thankful for this time I've had and also for this job I'm about to start.

I can't wait for friends to come out and visit. I am looking forward to showing you around my new city ... the city I have grown to just love!

No comments:

Post a Comment